Après une année de travaux, la Place de l'hôtel de ville sera inaugurée samedi 22 juin à 11h30.
En présence du Professeur Paul Guichonnet, vous pourrez
faire le tour de la place
pour en observer les récentes modifications et porter une attention toute particulière
aux éléments historiques
qui font sa richesse.
Bonneville had three churches. Today, only two are still used as the Saint-Etienne has been transformed into private property.
Three oratories, six crosses and chapels Thuet and Coast Hyota complement the religious heritage of the city.
The Church of St. Catherine
Built between 1838 and 1842 in the style of the Italian Renaissance, the church, which is one of the largest diocese, is named after St.Catherine of Alexandria, virgin and martyr, patroness of Bonneville.
Thefacade is adorned with imitation Greekpillars, arosette and a triangular pedimentin which is embedded a statue of St. Catherine. After several years of outdoor and indoor rehabilitations, the building has closed to the public except for religious ceremonies. However, a special guided touris possible with a heritage guide Pays de Savoie.
Dedicated to St. Martin, it dates from the fifteenth century. Inside, the Gothic choir and vault alongside the edge of modern stained glass windows dating from the rebuilding of the nave in the nineteenth century. Two statues have joined the exterior niches of the building in 2004: St. Francis de Sales and St. Blaise. St. Blaise, patron of carders and stonemasons, holds a card. This tool filled with metal spikes for combing wool, was the object of his martyrdom: he was rubbed all over with.